1. I could work out the problem at the moment, but a loud noise broke my thought.
A. really B. hardly C. nearly D. clearly
2. There should be an envelope the fridge.
A. on top of B. on top
C. at the top D. in the top of
3. The climbers stopped 300 metres the top of the mountain.
A. under B. over C. below D. on
4. —Of the three TV programs, which one do you think is ?
—I think A Bite of China is.
A. interesting B. more interesting
C. the most interesting
5. The bird’s singing came into our room the window and woke me up in the early morning.
A. down B. from C. through D. across
6.Hurry up! Everybody for you.
A. waited B. waits C. is waiting D. will wait
7.There are students in their university now.
A. thousand of B. thousands of
C. thousands D. two thousands of
8. we felt tired, we felt happy.
A. Though; but B. If; but C. Though; /
9. He didn’t go to school 西安哪个医院癫痫好yesterday a cold.
A. because B. because of C. if D. so
10. — can you finish the report on food safety?
—In two days.
A. How far B. How much
C. How often D. How soon
Probably you have seen photos of the Grand Canyon. But you must go there 1 to feel its size and beauty. The Grand Canyon is one of the greatest 2 wonders of the world.
The Colorado River made the Grand Canyon over 3 years. Slowly, the river cut down 4 hard rocks. At the same time, the land was 5 . Today the canyon is very deep. It’s also very 6 , about 20 kilometres. And 7 its height, there are different kinds of plants and animals on both sides of the canyon.
The canyon looks different at different times of the day, and 8 different seasons and weather. At sunrise, the red, gold, brown and orange colours of the rocks are 9 clear and bright. Whether you see the Grand Canyon from the top or the bottom, it will be a(n) 10 that you will never forget.
1. A. you B. your C. yours D. yourself
2. A. natural B. modern C. ancient D. national
3. A. million of B. five millions of
C. millions of D. five million of
4. A. 阳泉羊羔疯医院到哪家治疗好along B. through C. across D. past
5. A. rise B. rising C. rose D. risen
6. A. long B. deep C. high D. wide
7. A. as a result B. because of
C. thanks to D. thanks for
8. A. in B. on C. at D. for
9. A. especially B. friendly
C. hardly D. differently
10. A. interview B. trip
C. visit D. experience
National parks are large areas of public land. They give a safe home for local plants and animals. They help keep the air and water clean. They also give us the best trip. Today, there are nearly 7, 000 national parks around the world. Forbes has listed 12 of the most beautiful ones in the world that will surprise you with their amazing landscapes, geographic wonders and colorful plants and animals.
The Grand Canyon(大峡谷)National Park of the US is one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. It is best known for its size and depth. It is 446 kilometres long, up to 29 kilometres wide, and 1. 6 kilometres deep. The immensity of the canyon makes people think big. Every year, about 5 million people visit here. Taking a tour in the South Rim offers visitors the park’s full views, while the North Rim shows beautiful wild长春最权威癫痫医院 flowers.
If you love animals, you’ll like the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania. The “Big Five” live there. They are the lion, African elephant, African leopard, black rhinoceros and African buffalo. The name “Big Five” came from the five animals that were hardest to catch. Now they are what people most want to see in the wild. If you visit the park, you should never miss the migration(迁徙)of over 1. 5 million wildebeests(角马)and 250, 000 zebras every year. This is the most famous site of the park.
1. Which is NOT right about national parks according to Paragraph 1?
A. A national park is public land that covers a large area.
B. Wild plants and animals are protected in national parks.
C. Forbes has listed twelve of the world’s largest national parks.
D. National parks are attractive because of their national beauty.
2. The underlined word “immensity” refers to .
A. great size B. natural wonder
C. colorful view D. unusual beauty
3. kinds of animals are mentioned in the passage.
A. Five B. Six C. Seven D. Eight
4. The best title for the passage may be“ ”.
A. Taking a tour in the Grand Ca安神能缓解癫痫病发作吗？nyon
B. Travelling to the Serengeti National Park
C. Seven Natural Wonders of the World
D. Stepping into the wonders of the wildlife
5. If the writer continues the article, he would most likely write about .
A. ways to keep the air and water clean
B. more national parks in the world
C. his wonderful trip to the Grand Canyon
D. famous historic wonders in Africa
1. Would you please keep s ? The baby is sleeping.
2. I went to the cinema, but my brother r at home.
3. Look at the road s . It says “Don’t turn left. ”
4. You should answer the teacher’s question in a l voice.
5. It’s very warm today. The sun is s brightly.
6. Please have a (discuss)about a wonder of the world.
7. —I called you last night, but there was no answer.
—Sorry, I (watch)a TV play so I didn’t hear.
8. Bruce’s father has studied the culture of the (east)countries.
9. I have never seen such a (wonder)film before.
10. I look forward to (visit)the Great Wall again.